
Last weekend was quite eventful for Chris and I. Chris had a service project with the scouts at 8am. We met at school to go play some racketball (which, I'm sad to say that he creamed me). After that we went over to the local farmer's market to check it out. It was AWESOME! The last time I remember going to the farmers market was when Beenie Babies were popular and my big brother took me early one Saturday to go buy one. So I think it was like ten years ago!
Chris and I spent $20 and got string beans, sweet potatoes, peaches, apples, a jar of salsa, some cheese curds, and some pepperjack cheese. We loved it.

After that we went to his sister Cassie's band performance. She's the drum major and they were having a competition. We cheered her on and her school got 1st place! Way to go, Cassie!
That night I went to the RS General Broadcast while Chris hung out at home. He wanted to make a marinade for some pork chops we'd bought a few weeks earlier and froze. The recipe was 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 cloves of garlic, and a few tablewpoons of soy sauce. I called Chris to tell him I was on my way home and he warned me that the apartment was pretty smelly.....well, he was right because I smelled it in the hallway. And by it, I mean garlic! I came home and looked in the fridge to see the chef's marinade and was a bit confused at how much garlic there seemed to be. I took two left over bulbs of garlic into our bedroom and said this, "Honey, you know when you open the garlic bulb and there's pieces that make up the whole bulb?" "Yeah," he said. "Well, those are cloves. You put two cloves of garlic in this, right?" And he said, "No, I put two of THOSE in there," referring to the bulbs of garlic I was holding in my hand. No wonder I smelled the garlic from the hallway! It's said that a bulb of garlic contains about 10 cloves. He put 20 cloves of garlic in a marinade that called for 2!! My sweet sweet husband, who, by the way does his best in everything he does and works so hard to help me with cooking and cleaning, etc, just got a little confused. But we fixed the marinade and had a wonderful delicious dinner the next night with our string beans and candied sweet potates. 


3 comments:
That's one mistake I won't have to learn the hard way. Thanks
I don't know if I ever what to have Chris cook for me. One little sliver of a clove of garlic is enough for me.
Wow that's a lot of garlic! Too funny!
Post a Comment