Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our trip to Nashville: monkeying around at the zoo

While Mike and Sherry were back home from Turkey (yes, the country), we went on a little trip. Mike and Chris rode on Harleys while Sherry and I drove behind them. It was quite an adventurous trip with missed exits, wrong exits, and going up to 60 miles per hour in first gear. I didn't realize I had put their car into manual and couldn't figure out why the car was making such a weird noise. ha! We figured it out pretty fast though. We got there in one day and ate at a really good Mexican restaurant right next to the hotel. The next day we headed off to the zoo! Mitchell is getting so big! He loved sitting in his stroller without the car seat in it. He could look around better and sit up, which he loves.
Grandma and Mitchell checking out the fish.

Roooarrr!
Although it looks like Mitchell is enticed by the camels, he was more interested in the fence. We kept trying to get him to look at the animals but that fence was just too fascinating to look elsewhere.

When we went to the zoo souvenir shop, we offered all sorts of stuffed animals for Mitchell to choose from. We held two animals in front of him to see which one he reached for. I thought that he would naturally go for the new one each time, but he didn't! He went right back to this meer cat every time so that's what he got.
The stroller is great because you can lean back the seat so they can lay down. He was all tuckered out and fell asleep from all the excitement. It was such a fun day!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the Nashville Zoo!! We go to Nashville every summer. I have a zoo pass to Potowanomi that comes with a free guest. If you ever want to go (if it's warm enough!) let me know! We go all the time. The kids love it!

Bonnie said...

he us so cute!