Tuesday, December 15, 2009

One Year Ago Today.....

One year ago today I saw a new handsome boy at the Stake Young Single Adults Family Home Evening. He had just returned from his mission and I noticed when I stood next to him during the opening hymn, that he had a good voice. This intrigued me, but I wasn't about to get excited. I'd had my heart broken too many times. I sat next to him during the lesson and he just happened to forget his scriptures so I shared mine. They asked him to share a story about his mission and I was impressed as he told a spiritual experience that related to the lesson we'd just had. I could already tell that this kid had his ducks all in a row.....but I still wasn't about to get excited. Upon leaving my curiosity got the best of me and I casually asked if he was going to leave somewhere to go to college but he (suprisingly) said that he was not and that he was going to stick around for a little while. Now I got just a little excited. Chris had become friends with Pete, whom I was also friends with. Pete gave me a hug and I couldn't help but notice a certain someone intently watching Pete and I as we hugged. I tried to look as nonchalant as I could hoping that this was a clue from our newly returned missionary that he might possibly be interested in me. As it turned out he was interested in me and now he's mine for eternity.

3 comments:

Laura Essig said...

guurl... you are so mushy sometimes.. and I loooove it!!! you and your boo are so cute.. whenever I read about your happiness it brightens my day!!!
thanks for updating your blog so much, I feel like you never left

Anonymous said...

So glad that missionary was interested because now we get to know and love him too!

Mom said...

That anonymous is Mom who didn't know what to check to get the comment put on here. Sorry!