Friday, April 3, 2009

Cars, Kids, Candles, and the Commode



My birthday was this past Friday, March 27th. On Thursday, my parents, my brother, his wife and kids, and Chris came over to my house for dinner. My Mom made Swiss Steak and mashed potatoes (instant, just the way I like them) and cherry torte for my birthday dessert. Mickey and Kelly brought rolls and homemade strawberry jelly. Yum! The kids went exploring in my room and Kade and Mattey decided that they wanted to clean my bathroom. Go for it! Well, I ended up cleaning after they were done cleaning, but it was fun to watch them.




On Friday, I took the day off of work and spent it with Chris. He was a little sneaky and stole my apartment key the day before and appeared in my room at 7:30 am with breakfast in hand. I was a little shocked and so very happy once I woke up. I brushed my teeth about 2 minutes after he walked in. My morning breath is not something he needs to know about yet. We’ll leave that as an after marriage surprise.


After I got ready, we went out to get some wedding tasks taken care of. Upon leaving the parking lot of Burlington Coat Factory, we had a little mishap with some seagulls and his Jeep’s drive shaft. The seagulls won because the drive shaft pretty much fell out of his car. So, my Dad came to the rescue and towed us to a near by car garage. We were impressed by the customer service of Cetified Transmission in Mishawaka.









My Dad dropped us off at Chipotle, one of our favorite places to eat, and Chris’s Dad brought Chris’s work truck to the restaurant so we could continue on about our day.





Later that night, I had to go to the church to help out with a young single adult activity. We made cakes for an awards ceremony that the Boys and Girls Club of America were having for their participants. We baked cakes all throughout the evening and we had been putting them outside to cool. I went to get the last two cakes and they looked a little funny. I asked some of the singles if the cakes went outside like that and they just looked at them in horror. Apparently there's a bit of a racoon problem at the Stake Center and they must have attacked our cakes. Well....the Boys and Girls Club might have been short of two cakes, but we sure made some racoons happy that night. I guess we'll just consider it a birthday present to them in my honor.


No comments: