Thursday, March 10, 2011

Learning how to change a diaper, swollen ankles, bare belly shot, and a rag quilt for Scooter.


When Chris's mom was in town, we wanted to try out one of the little diapers we have....on Lacie. She was a little squirmy, but didn't seem all that bothered with it.I wish we would've thought of this when we first got her. She had accidents all the time in the house!

Isn't that lovely? That's what my feet look like almost every night, sock lines and all. I gained 6 lbs in one week and they said it was due to water retention. Phew! I'll take that excuse any day! The next week it was a little better and went down by 1.5 lbs.

Here's the belly....the bare belly at 38 1/2 weeks. This child has no more room. While lying down at the Doctor's office I felt him in my left hip, his back at the top of my belly, and some little feet or elbows on my right side.....like all the way on the side. He's crushed in there! The Midwife estimated that he's about 7-8 lbs. That's enough, baby....it's time to come out now.

I started this rag quilt a LOOONG time ago. In fact, Chris was happy I was starting a rag quilt as long as it wasn't for a baby. Ha! That was back in the day when we didn't think we were going to have children for a year or so. Well, life happens. It originally was going to have 10 rows, but I cut it down to 6. Thanks to Kelly who taught me how to make it and got me started oh so long ago. I was so proud to finish a project (not one of my strengths) and to have it ready for the baby.

Who is Scooter, you ask? Well, its one of the many nicknames for our unborn child. We wanted to wait until the baby was born to take a look at him and decide which name we like fits him. We'll go to the hospital with a list and choose from there. Since we haven't come up with a name, everyone has come up with their own choices.

Chris: Richard. (I refuse to name my child Richard Johnson. I told Chris we could call him Richard in utero because he would never actually have that name. This has been modified to "little Richie")

Mom: Scooter. Not sure where it came from but it's in true Betty fashion since my nickname was Judy and my brother's is JB. :)

Chris's Dad: Xavier Blueray Johnson. That was his name choice.

Chris's pick out of the baby book: Luthando. I was getting impatient with not knowing our list and not knowing which names Chris liked so I gave him a baby name book. He flipped through the pages with his finger in the air and his eyes closed and pointed to Luthando. Yikes.

Mattey: Thomas. We came over one day to my brother's house and my neice, Mattey came down the stairs telling us that she had made a hat for Thomas. "Who?" I asked her? "Ya know, like Thomas Michael Johnson? I think it's a nice name." The part that made me crack up was that she just started calling him Thomas like it was already his name! It was cute.

Chris came home from getting his hair cut and he said to me, "The ladies at the hair salon think our baby's name should be Mitchell." Haha I guess everyone has their own opinion!

1 comment:

Laura Essig said...

girl.. I use to draw pics in my legs.. I promise it won't be as bad with your next one.
I just love your bare belly shot.. i wish my belly was that cute when i am preg.. I can't wait to meet little thomas.. hahaha