Thursday, September 9, 2010

My worst symptom

Right now in pregnancy, my biggest complaint is my allergies. I know, that's not pregnancy related but because of Jr., I can't use the drugs that really work for me. I've tried breathe right strips, saline nose spray, and Claritin is ok to take but it did nothing for me. I wake up at night to use the restroom (a common occurance these days) and then sometimes I can't go back to sleep because my nose is so stuffed. A few times, I took a bath at 2 or 3 in the morning to relax me and to try and break up some of the blockage.
My brother, Mickey also has allergy problems and used this steambath when Chris and I were at his house one night. I decided to give it a go at home to see if it worked. It allowed me to blow my nose a couple times, but it didn't really give me the clearage I needed. It was worth a shot though! Luckily, I'm almost 13 weeks so in a week or two I can get some medicine.

2 comments:

Laura Essig said...

girl when you find out something.. let me know!! as for me I take sudafed sinus and allergy before going to bed.. that seems to help me sleep.. but it really does suck!!!

Laura Essig said...

oh and girl.. just wait till you start getting heartburn!!!