Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our kid's got rhythm!!

Well, it's time for the official blog announcement. However you want to say it, the rabbit died, there's a bun in the oven, I'm eating for two now....you get the idea that WE'RE EXPECTING!! It's been an adventure with crying, exhaustion, more crying, a tiny bit of naueau, more crying etc. Here are some fun little subjects that made me cry:

-Chris eating ravioli and not sharing only to trick me that it was italian sausage ravioli instead of beef which I wanted nothing to do with. I bawled for about 5-10 minutes.
- The fridge being too full.
- Not knowing what to eat because nothing sounds good.
- Chris finger flicked my face and apparently it was just too much pain for me to handle.
- Being exhausted and not wanting to do any chores.
Who knows what else. There's been plenty more occurances than that.

Anyways...it all started when I realized I was a little bit late. I decided to take a pregnancy test to see if I had a little parasite growing inside of me and I did! I took two tests and was shocked to say the least. What was Chris's reaction? Well, there's this trashy show called Maury where they are constantly doing paternity tests to find out who the "baby daddy" is and whether or not a teen is pregnant. I'm in the bathroom checking the test and shrieked in suprise and I hear from the bedroom: "In the case of Amanda Lynn Johnson, you ARE pregnant!!" I'm just glad he wasn't freaking out...however, I was freaking out. I walked in the room saying, "No, Chris I really am pregnant! (crying of course). I got past the freak out and about 10 seconds later I was excited.

My due date is March 20, 2011 so that makes me 10 weeks and 3 days. We know that because we went to the doctor today! I was nervous but everything went very well! We're going through a Midwives Group and are very happy about that so far. We'll still give birth in a hospital and a doctor will be there just in case of an emergency, but I like the care I'm getting now.
5 Weeks

10 Weeks

Our favorite part of the appointment today was that we got to hear the heartbeat!! It was pretty difficult to find, but our midwife kept on trying for us. I felt like a goober bringing the video camera, but I'm so glad we got it on video! Here it is!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am so excited! That was really cool.....I am happy to be a grandma...even though I am not old enough.......

Love ya all....bye...its a girl!

Emily said...

Yipee!! I will love living vicariously through your pregnancy. I know I just did it, but I already miss it! You are going to be such a cute mom! Keep the updates coming!

Bonnie said...

I can't tell you how excited I am for you! I am so glad you are having a baby before I move. Congrats!

Brooke said...

That is so exciting!!! Congratulations! I remember the first time I heard Case I laughed and Doppler picked it up, it was way funny! Anyways we are in Lansing, we should make it work so we can meet up!