Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our Little Pup

Our little guy is 3 weeks old now. Here's a little bit of what we've been up to.

I love all of his fun facial expressions.

Our first walk in the park at 2 weeks old.I wasn't going to post this picture of me as it's not the most flattering but then I thought to myself, "hey, Its not that bad for 2 weeks post partum." So here I am for the world to see.




Here's Mitchell in the safety of the car seat/stroller travel system. He was guarded from the sun and wind but we ended up cutting our walk short because it was so hot that day and I didn't know how safe it was for him to get hot. It made me nervous for the summer. (I'm still new at this whole parent thing.)


Chris was at work and Mitchell wasn't staying asleep for some reason. I decided to enlist the baby Bjorn for some help. It worked like a charm and I was able to fix dinner while my sweet boy slept soundly.


I love that I caught a little smile on his face. So far the only time we can see a smile is when he's sleeping and its usually directly following a frown. He also loves to grasp fingers. One time when I was riding in the back seat of the car with him, he held two of my fingers with both hands. So precious. I just love him so much.


Mitchell met his Great Grandma Freimund last week. She was delighted to meet him and he was cozy and comfy in her arms for quite a while.


This is one of my favorite shirts that he has, "Little Pup." We found it on clearance at Meijer for like $3. I love it when you can find bargains like that!


Here's Chris with his two kids zonked out. This was taken tonight actually. Now Mitchell is zonked out on my lap after nursing. I've learned to mulit task these days. Blog and nursing at the same time...paying bills over the phone and nursing, eating and nursing, meal planning and nursing. Can you tell I nurse ALOT? It feels like forever sometimes as Mitchell loves to take his time and frequently falls asleep unable to be woken up. He's gotten better so hopefully it'll just improve with time. I don't mind too much though. I love him too much to be upset.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Aw.... I'm so glad everything is going so well!!! You seem like a seasoned pro. Way to go learning how to multi task. I should lend you my wrap and show you how to nurse in it. Then you can REALLY multitask hands free! Lets get together soon!!

Mallory Hanna said...

Oh he is so precious and you look gorgeous girl. Gotta get me bjorn next time I have a baby!