Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A penny for my thoughts....

Ok, so I've learned a couple things in the past few months.....

1. If you put asparagus in the microwave it acts like aluminum foil.....it sparks.
2. If you put muffins on the bottom shelf in the oven, the bottoms of the muffins will burn. (The smoke alarm went off and Chris had to get out of the shower to go fix it).
3. I just realized that Chris and I got married 6 months after meeting each other...almost to the day. We met December 15th and got married on June 12th. (I don't recommend that to be the norm although it has worked out quite nicely for us)
4. If you get married, buy a swimming suit for your honeymoon and try it on a year later, it might not fit. You might be able to get your board shorts snapped but when you bend over the snap might pop open......maybe.
5. Paint doesn't come off of dogs very easily. Be careful that when you're painting, your husband doesn't accidentally "skunk" your dog (paint a small white stripe down it's black furry hair) because the paint won't come out on it's own. It doesn't hurt the dog but you'll have to snip little pieces of hair off.....yeah.
6. If you put the broiler on to brown some cheese on pizza, make sure you take the oven off of broil for baking the cookies. It will burn the tops of the cookies. What? Sounds a lot like #2 you say? Yes, I know. I have issues with the oven....and microwave...and measuring cups...basically anything that relates to cooking. I just keep telling myself that I still have time.

2 comments:

KB Kidz said...

oh good you mean i'm not the only one that is still learning how to use kitchen appliances and failing miserably?!? It sure does make for some good memories and laughs though doesn't it?

Laura Essig said...

hahaha. girl I love you, ok for serious, come and visit, I girl i WILL take you to applebees!!!